When Trump Visits Your Country You Get Burnt Steak and All-Male Toby Keith Concerts
Today's edition of The Daily Blunt
Welcome to The Daily Blunt, where we recap all that other stuff that happened in the super fast-forward news cycle in which we all exist. We use this space to roll up all of today’s news that we weren’t able to cover in full—but that’s potent enough for you to take a quick hit.
- Trump’s is currently on Air Force One traveling overseas for his first international trip as president and it’s likely going to be a nightmare. His first destination, Saudi Arabia, is not only going to make sure that Trump gets his well-done steak with ketchup, they are also putting on a concert with Toby Keith, but no women will be allowed to attend it. Also, Trump’s giving a speech on Islam. The guy writing it, Stephen Miller, is also the same guy who constructed the shoddy legal framework for Trump’s proposed travel ban. –Associated Press, CNN
- Speaking of Saudi Arabia, Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner just helped make a $110 billion weapon deal happen there. –New York Times
- When Trump met with Russian diplomats last week to nonchalantly give them classified information, he also told them that the firing of Comey, which he had done the day before, eased “great pressure.” He also called Comey a “nut job.” –Politico
- Another racist-ass statue has been removed in New Orleans. The 16.5-foot Robert E. Lee statue is the last of four monuments to be taken down. –Vice News
- Sweden dropped its investigation into rape allegations against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. He’s planning on moving to Ecuador. –New York Times
- When referring to Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden said, “I never thought she was the correct candidate.” He thought he was the correct candidate. –Huffington Post
It’s Friday and like we predicted after last week’s hell of a news cycle, this week’s wasn’t much better.
And not to leave you with a weird taste going into your weekend, but what in the fuck is this?