Write of Passage: Exploring the history and impact of American graffiti on global culture.
American graffiti’s history, evolution and impact are examined and explored through six weeks of programming, from October 16 – November 23, 2013. Curated by Mass Appeal and housed at Red Bull Studios New York, the programming will include legendary graffiti artists and influential figures including Jonathan Levine, Haze, Mare 139, Daze, and Greg “SP” Lamarche, fostering a much needed dialog around graffiti, an often misunderstood and mischaracterized art form.
Write of Passage Exhibit
The Red Bull Studios New York – 218 W. 18th Street, NYC
Open Every Saturday, from October 19th – November 23rd, 1-5pm.
Workshops & Screenings start promptly at 3pm
– October 19th – Video Graf with Director Carl Weston
– October 26th – “Wall Writers: Graffiti In Its Innocence” Screening & Panel Discussion with Snake 1, Mike 171, Rocky 184
– November 2nd – “Cops & Writers” A conversation with Steve Mona & Ven (DJ Adam X)
– November 9th – “Style Wars” Screening & Panel Discussion
– November 16th – Chino: My life in graffiti through the lens of photography
– November 23rd – Handselecta: A conversation about the evolution of tagging
ABOUT RED BULL STUDIOS NEW YORK
Red Bull Studios New York is a state-of-the-art gallery space, lecture hall, radio broadcast booth and recording studio that offers a blank canvas for provocative and thought-provoking ideas and serves as a resource for those who challenge convention.