Swedish electronic duo The Knife drop the first music video leading up to their Shaken-Up Versions “mini-album,” releasing digitally on iTunes.
The Knife reworked older songs to create “Shaken-Up Versions” of the tracks on the North American leg of their “Shaking The Habitual” tour. “Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)” features a more tribal sound than the original single, introducing more flutes and some interesting percussion. The Bitte Andersson-directed video takes place in a mental ward of some sort, with patients being possessed by the urge to dance, or in this case “shake up.” You might insanely dance as well after hearing the patterns of this addicting beat.
Pre-order Shaken-Up Versions here, and listen to the lead single in the video player up top. “Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)” is also available as a single bundle with the music video and remixes by Rroxymore, J. Phlip, and Kat Knix, which you can grab here. The tracklist for Shaken-Up Versions can be found under the original “Without You My Life Would Be Boring” below.
1. We Share Our Mother’s Health (Shaken-Up Version)
2. Got 2 Let U (Shaken-Up Version)
3. Bird (Shaken-Up Version)
4. Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)
5. Pass This On (Shaken-Up Version)
6. Ready To Lose (Shaken-Up Version)
7. Stay Out Here (Shaken-Up Version)
8. Silent Shout (Shaken-Up Version)